Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My first Color on a HUMAN BEING!!!!

So today was a very exciting day :)
I was so excited because I was able to help my friend Ali do a color on a client :) and it was my first time!! I have done the applications on my mannequin head before with gel or conditioner but never actual color on a person :)
At first I was super scared because it was FOR real color...not gel.
I was only helping but still this lady trusted Ali and I with her hair...Ali is pro and has done color before but I never have and I was praying my side would look just as good as the other.
we first started off by asking her what she wanted (I didn't ask i just stood there like a dumb ape half way not knowing what was going on) and what she liked.
Once we determined that she wanted to go more red and to foil in some blond we went to mix the color.
all I can say is that mixing color doesn't look that hard but when your trying to get a certain color then it's seems hard. it's nice having an instructor around who knows what to do :)
After all the confusing mixing all I had to remember is apply the color from the scalp to the the line of demarcation. That was fun to do I REALLY like applying color...just now I need to work on figuring out how to mix it and why you mix it that certain way...
After we finished the application we went to work on weaving in 5 foils of blond in her Mohawk.
(the Mohawk is the center section of hair from the front hair line to the curvature of the head)
We made a opps on the blond :( we forgot to leave a spacer in between foils...lucky for us that the instructor caught it and fixed it for us!!! :)
After all was said and done the color turned out good!!! And I have got some new things that I most defiantly need to work on  :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...