Friday, January 28, 2011

Uh put that shampoo bottle down!

What shampoo do you use?
Do you get yours from Walmart or Smiths? Or any other grocery store?
Well you should STOP!
YES you reading this! This is not a joke!
Put that $2.00 bottle of shampoo down and step away from the shower!
Let me tell you my story and a little bit about shampoo...
Yes I used to be like you...find the cheapest bottle of shampoo that smelled the best and use that on my hair.
Nothing wrong with that, right?
WRONG-O buddy!
your killing your hair.
your hair is dry? breaking? weak? won't hold color?
Well I can tell you EXACTLY why!!
have you heard of the pH scale? (Click here for more info)
What it does is it tests if something is a Acid or Alkaline...
things like Ammonia are Alkaline where an Acid would be Vinegar
the scale goes from 0 to 14
0-6.9 is anything acid
7 is a base which can only be distilled water
7.1-14 anything Alkaline
the human body and hair are on the pH of 4.5-5.5 on the acid side...so you think that the shampoo should fall under that range, right?
WRONG-O again!! haha the shampoo you buy in the grocery stores range from 8-14 on the Alkaline side.
hmmm.....
No wonder your hair is dry and CRAPPY!!!!
Isn't that CRAZY?!?! I was like WHOA MAN! WTC? (what the cookies)
You ask, what is the best shampoo to use? Anything you get from a salon.
But it's WAY too expensive, you say.
Think of it this way...
You buy a HUGE liter of shampoo from the salon for 12-30 bucks...
true it can be expensive. But here is another thing to think about...
How much shampoo do you use? How long is your hair?
For a guy a dime size should suffice. You have a little hair why do you need to fill up your palm with shampoo?
Girls you only need a tiny bit more if you have long hair.
The one any only thing that bugs most people about salon shampoo is that if you use the correct amount it doesn't sud up that much.
I found out that in the grocery store shampoo they add a chemical in the shampoo that makes it sud up more making you think that your hair is getting SUPER clean, when in actuality it's not. Just WAY more chemicals :)
so think about that the next time you buy shampoo :)

4 comments:

Amanda Bolton said...

Have you ever heard of the mane and tail shampoo? (They use it on horses but it's safe for humans.) I use that. It costs about 7 bucks but I buy it at walmart. Is that kind bad too?! You can buy the same stuff at any animal place haha

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

We have been converted at the Schroeder house! I am the one that used to buy the $.98 cent suave...you know, smell them all and buy the one that smells the best....well, not anymore! We now use the good stuff...my only complaint is that it really doesn't have a strong smell...just light...I love hair that smells good :)

Kati Jo said...

Amanda I'm not sure about horse shampoo...??? I would say that salon shampoo would still be better. Horses have real course hair so it might be TOO strong for your hair...I'll ask my instructor :)

Amanda Bolton said...

I know that sounds SO weird that I buy horse shampoo but it makes my hair really shiny and smooth. I told my husband what you said and I think I convinced him to let me buy the salon brand ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...