Monday, June 20, 2011

Hair...ya know...it's what's on your head...

I was thinking and contemplating where the idea of cosmetology came from...why I decided this is the thang for me!
It was mostly my ex.
I knew (for personal reasons) that I would have to work the rest of my life. Even though I wanted so badly to be a stay at home mom, I knew that it wouldn't be possible if I were to marry my ex.
So I started to look around at what jobs would be fun and easy to do while being a mom...somthing flexable.
I played with the idea of a school teacher, but learned that I can't handle kids for that long in a small inclosed space.
(learned this from my semester of "student teaching" at Snow)
So that was out of the question.
Don't get me wrong! I LOVE KIDS!!! Just not teaching them...playing with them.
So one saturday I went to the Lovely Jessica for a haircut. She has an AWESOME salon in the basement of her home. She is able to be a stay at home mom while doing hair.
I thought as I watched her 'maybe I can do this...'
So that Monday I went onto SLCC website and began doing research on Cosmetology and Barbering...
Ever since that moment I have ABSOLUTLY loved hair! I can't get enough of it! I wish I could do it all the time!
Since starting in Aug. 2010 I have broken things off with the ex but I am still finishing my license. Now I am doing it for me! NO one else! The man that I marry may have a wounderful job that allows me to stay home with our kids...but I still want to do hair from my home...it's an AWESOME feeling chainging the life of someone through hair!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...